When you spot a leak in your ceiling, it often means that you need a new roof. There’s a lot of different factors to consider when it comes to getting a new roof, which is why Ann Arbor roofers from A2 Roofing is here to help. We’re going to share common warning signs that may indicate you need a new roof and how to find reliable roofing contractors in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
To get started, we’re going to go through some key questions A2 Roofing considers for their clients.
How Old Is Your Roof?
Age is important, especially when it comes to your home. It’s common for a roof to last between 20 to 25 years on average, but this number can fluctuate based on some factors. For instance, what kind of roof is it? Some materials are meant to uphold against harsh weather longer, which can add many years to the average roof life. Shingled roofs can also surprise a lot of residents, especially if they find minimal layers or discover it wasn’t properly ventilated. Knowing how old your roof is can be a critical factor while deciding if you should get a new roof or just a repair.
How Healthy Are Your Shingles?
Shingles are meant to be flat and secure. If you notice your shingles have any of the following issues, it may be time to get an inspection for a new potential roof:
- Curled or buckling shingles
- Damaged shingles
- Missing shingles
- Ridging spots
- Vermin damage
The best way to know if your shingles can be repaired is having certified roofing contractors in Ann Arbor to visit and provide a free estimate, just like A2 Roofing does.
How Sturdy Are Your Roof Boards?
When you walk along your roof, what do you feel? Do you notice a spongy feeling or soft bounce when walking across the roof? If you do, that could mean your decking underneath has been compromised from moisture over the years. A good way to double check this issue is to go into your attic to see if you notice any sunlight shining through the roof boards. If you see some, it’s time to get a new roof and avoid further damage.
Also, it’s important to check for moisture in the insulation. That could result in more damage if it’s not caught quickly.
How Is Your Roof Valley Holding Up?
First off, it may be helpful to understand what a roof valley is, it’s the “V” shape that runs up or down the sides of a roof. If you notice that your shingles are missing around this area, or even tearing apart, it’s time for a new roof. A roof valley is a critical piece to your home’s roof since it allows weather elements, such as rain or snow, to slide down your roof and into the gutters. If your valley is damaged or failing in any way, leaks can form and start damaging your home further. This is why A2 Roofing strong recommends always checking on your roof valley through the years.
How to Find Reliable Roofing Contractors in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
It’s important to trust and find a professional to handle any of your roofing needs, whether you just need repairs or a new roof. A2 Roofing recommends considering the following:
- Don’t make fast decisions, complete your due diligence – it’s always tempting to go with the first estimate you receive, but you could be missing out on important details by not shopping around, such as warranties or securing a turnaround time or completion date.
- Ask your family and friends for recommendations – nothing tells you more about a potential company than talking with one of their customers firsthand. This can prevent you from having a poor customer service experience.
- Consider your options and your needs – it can be easy to revert to the material your previous roof used, but it may be helpful to see all the options available because different materials last longer or perform better than others perform. This tactic can help your roof investment last longer and possibly avoid needing another one.
- Question potential roofing contractors about their experience, licensing or certifications – hire a profession team that has lots of experience and required licensing/certifications. If you hire an amateur, mistakes can happen, which can raise costs and take more time to remedy.
While it can be challenging to find someone to take care of your new roof, we have a way to make it easier for you. A2 Roofing is proud to be a local roofing contractor in Ann Arbor and has a talented team of professionals ready to tackle any roof needs. They offer free estimates and always offer a money-back guarantee because they care for every house as if it was their own.
Give A2 Roofing a call today at 734-548-9915 to schedule your zero obligation estimate and learn why so many Ann Arbor residents select A2 Roofing when their roof needs work.