Home or business owners faced with the prospect of needing a new roof may tend to feel a bit panicked, knowing what a large investment a new roof is, and wondering how (and where) they’re going to get the money to pay for it. It’s one thing if a natural disaster like a tornado tears off your roof, or a gigantic tree uproots and smashes it to smithereens. You can always file a claim with your insurance company. But what about needing a new roof just because your current roof has seen better days? It’s reached the end of its useful life and it’s leaking or sagging, missing shingles, or shedding granules like there’s no tomorrow? Now you’ve got to figure out a way to come up with a sizeable sum of money — and fast.
Financing a Roof
You can always borrow against the equity in your home or business, but that just extends your mortgage or pares down your profit when the time comes to sell. Another option is a personal loan, but we all know what the interest can be like on those! And we won’t even go into the credit card option!!!
Well, we’ve got some good news. If you’re a resident or business owner in the Ann Arbor region of Michigan, there’s a reputable and reliable roofing company that actually offers financing/payment plans designed to fit your budget! Yes, A2 Roofing will actually work with you (gasp!) to come up with a solution that works for you.
Why Roofs are Pricey
A good roof is one that’s designed and constructed so that it’ll last a long time — hopefully for decades. That’s a tall order in a place like Ann Arbor where we experience weather that would curl the hair of a Southern Californian or a Floridian! Scorching hot summers, wild thunder and wind storms, snowy, icy, freezing cold winters. Need we say more? An Ann Arbor roof has got to be constructed with the strongest, highest-quality materials, and installed by people who really know their craft! Anything less just won’t cut the mustard in this climate!
Now, if your roof is a flat commercial roof, it may just need a new membrane, and if you’re a homeowner, yours may be restored with new shingling. But a roof is more than just its membrane or its shingles. It’s a whole system of components and things can go wrong with any number of them. For example, take the trusses. They’re the literal skeleton that supports the decking that covers your home or business. They can become damaged by moisture or excess weight, etc., and they can need repair or replacement. The same goes for trusses, flashing, underlay materials, insulation, etc. See where we’re going with this? The price of your new roof will vary based on exactly what’s needed to make it work the way it’s supposed to — whether that entails tearing everything out and starting from scratch, or simply replacing a key component like its membrane or shingles.
So even though you could be looking at a bill for thousands of dollars, it’s important to remember that this is an expense you’ll probably only face a few times at most, even if you spend your entire adult life in the same home or operating your business out of the same building. Another way to look at it is that you’re actually increasing the value of your property by providing your home or business with a new roof.
Choosing the Right Roofing Company
When it’s time to choose a company to replace your roof, you want them to meet a few basic criteria:
- You want them to be experienced professionals who know roofing because that’s allthey do. A handyman service may throw a low quotation your way, but you can be sure that installing a roof is merely one of many jobs they perform. In other words, you’re hiring a “jack of all trades”. (And remember how that saying ends — “master of none”!) Especially in the harsh climate of Ann Arbor, your number one priority is to hire a professional roofingcompany!
- You want a company with a reputation for using the best materials (GAFand Certainteed, for example) and one that guarantees its materials and its workmanship — in writing!
- You want a company you can trust to provide a quotation for work that actually needs to be done — rather than a company who’s out to make extra money by insisting you need something that you actually don’t. Translation: You want an honest company who’ll provide a fair and honest assessment and honest pricing for installing your new roof.
A company that can give you all of that and also provide financing or a payment plan designed to work with your budget is a company that’s worth considering.
Not to blow our own horn, but we’ll deliver on the criteria above and more. Here’s what you get when you contract with A2 Roofing …
- a no-leak guarantee (If your new roof leaks, we’ll replace it at no charge. Really!)
- an iron-clad guarantee on both workmanship and materials
- 24/7 emergency service
- an on-site owner whose licensed and available any time to answer your questions or address any concerns you have
- speedy service for minimal disruption of your business or your normal routine (We complete most roofs in one day.)
- a team of certified, licensed, insured professionals who take pride in their work
- reliability (We’ll show up when we say and perform the work we’ve promised.)
- versatility (We can tackle any style of roof you have — no worries!)
- help with insurance claims (We know how complicated those forms can be and we’re ready and able to assist you.)
- free on-site inspections, assessments and estimates
Roofing is a complicated business that requires trained professionals. It’s dangerous, which is why you shouldn’t attempt to install or even repair your own roof to try to save money! It’s just not worth the risks involved. At A2 Roofing, we’ve got years of expertise, licensing, training and certifications under our belts, and we know how to navigate any roof — even the steepest, scariest roofs out there! The point we’re trying to make is that roofing is a specialized profession, and you truly need a trained team of professionals to get the job done safely and properly so that you end up with a roof that’s ready to take whatever Mother Nature can throw at it for years and years to come.
And by the way, if you think you need a new roof, but we actually determine that it can serve you for quite a while with repairs rather than replacement, we’ll tell you! We’re not out to make money at any cost. After all, we’re a local roofing company working on the roofs of people in our own community and we value our reputation for honesty and integrity!
So do your homework, look around and ask around. We’re betting that you won’t find a more reliable, capable roofing company anywhere in the area that can offer you a better roof at a better price and guarantee it in writing! If you think you need a new roof, why not pick up the phone and give us a call at (734) 548-9915 or simply contact us online today?